Its purpose is to offer services to its users, experimentation playground, and whatever comes to our disturbed minds.
- September 2009: Project launch by Romain Boissat (AS64544) and Benjamin Collet (AS64542).
- September 2009 to December, 2010: Initial experimentations.
- 24 December 2010: the project receives its final name: GLaNET, a portmanteau of GLaDOS and network.
- 8 March 2012: GLaNET get his own domain and website.
20 July 2012: GLaNET has its first virtual exchange point: Caribou. Its located in Quebec, Canada and allows clients in Europe and northern America to easily peer. This virtual exchange point also provide a route server running BIRD.
- 17 October 2012: Johan Fleury (AS64545) joined GLaNET.
- 23 October 2012: Guillaume Mazoyer (AS64546) joined GLaNET.
- 1 May 2013: Benoit Petit (AS64547) joined GLaNET.
- 11 December 2013: David Boissat (AS64548) joined GLaNET.
- 13 February 2014: GLaNET has a new logo, thanks to Romain Boissat.
- 25 August 2015: Antoine Ténart (AS64550) joined GLaNET.
- 15 March 2016: First native IPv6 IPSec tunnel, between AS64542 (Benjamin Collet) and AS64546 (Guillaume Mazoyer).